An Unlocked Chest contains a varying amount of gold ~15-30 and a chance for 1 candle, 1 key, and/or an item.
A Chest seems to be able to drop the most gold if a Key or Candle isn't dropped, but you can still get low end gold totals from a chest only dropping gold.
Locked Chests have a higher chance of containing an item than an Unlocked one.
A Locked Chest contains a varying amount of gold ~25-40 and the chance of containing 1 candle, 3 keys and/or an item.
***Be careful opening chests and exiting the game on the same screen. The game saves too quickly after opening chests on PC and doesn't wait for the game to collect the gold, keys and candles. Therefore closing the game on a chest screen isn't ever recommended.
The game IS saved when you pick up an item so if a chest contains an item, you can wait until all the gold, candles and keys are collected before picking it up with one of your characters.
Merchants with multiple items can have a mix of the items they hold (ie. one * item and one **, two *** items and one ** item, etc)
Each vendor sells a single spell.
The first gamble has one item/spell, the second has two items/spells, and the third has three items/spells. Each gamble, spends another 40/110 gold.
Rest weary travelers! And for free!
Each altar uses a single candle and can only be used once per node.
After lighting the candle at a human-faced Altar the sky will get sunny if the effect is positive or be raining if the effect is negative.
Possible altar effects
- Lesser Positive:
- +1 Maximum Stamina
- +10 Melee Damage
- +20 Melee Damage
- Gain 1 Key
- +10% Spell Damage
- +20% Spell Damage
- +20% Faster Spell Recharge
- Gain 100 Gold
- Gain a Random Spell in next available Spell slot
- Gain a Random Item (Often a mushroom related item)
- Major Positive:
- +2 Maximum Stamina
- +30 Melee Damage
- +40 Melee Damage
- Gain 2 Keys
- +30% Spell Damage
- +30% Faster Spell Recharge
- +40% Faster Spell Recharge
- Gain 200 gold
- Gain a Random Spell in next available Spell slot (Chance for a Legendary Spell seems high)
- Gain a Random Item (Often a mushroom related item or the Master's Statue)
- Negative: (Note: you may get lose 1 key, for instance, even if you have no keys essentially allowing you to get no negative effect)
- Lose 1 Candle
- Lose 1 Key
- Lose 100 gold
- -1 Maximum Stamina
- -20 Melee damage
- -20% Spell recharge
Hope you're ready!